Part 7 - Rock Stacks

Instead of sticks, this time I balanced rocks. I got the inspiration for this project from Goldsworthy's Balanced column of river stones, 1982. I always saw these balanced stacks of rocks on Macanaw Island and wanted to try and do that some time. It was difficult to find the balancing point of each rock, but you just have to be patient and make little movements until you find that point. They turned out to be the height of my forearm. Overall, it was really fun to do and very satisfying when I finally found the balancing points. I took pictures every time I balanced a new rock, and I am glad I did because, by the time I decided to head out, one of the rock stacks fell over.

Title: Stacked
Materials: Creek Stones
Sarah Hibma, 2020








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 - Balancing Sticks

Part 4 - Floating

Part 3 - Dribbles