Part 4 - Floating

Goldsworthy had a piece where he put together colorful leaves and floated them down the river. I wanted to see if I could do that too. There are not a lot of colorful these this time of year. The leaves that are on the ground are brown, so I used skunk cabbage leaves that are very green. I used some young branches to weave the leaves together and then floated it down the creek. Later, on my way back home. I found colorful little yellow flowers so I thought since I didn't have a lot of color in the last floating piece I would do a small little thing with the flowers.  I picked a handful of them and dropped them down the stream, and I thought it was pretty how it turned out. Here are videos of both.

Title: Drifting
Materials: Skunk cabbage leaves, branches
Sarah Hibma, 2020





Title: Floating
Materials: Yellow flowers
Sarah Hibma, 2020




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 - Balancing Sticks

Part 3 - Dribbles